Our Chemical Skin Peel training is aimed at beauty therapists wishing to advance their skills in the field of cosmetic aesthetic treatments. Chemical peels, sometime known as glycolic peels, work to exfoliate the dead skin cells that build up on top of the skin’s surface, as well as having amazing anti-ageing properties and help to reduce pigmentation. Due to the fast results of these acid peels, they are become more sort after by clients, as they are non-invasive, have minimal risks and limited down time.
This course will give you the skills and knowledge you need to provide your clients with a professional peel treatment using top quality products, whilst maintaining excellent health and safety standards, allow you to accurately carry out skin analysis for advance treatments, and provide correct aftercare and product recommendations for your clients.
- The History of Chemical Peels
- Chemical Peel Technology
- Active ingredients in the peels
- Effects of different acids on the skin
- Range of peels available
- Skin Anatomy & Physiology and how peels work with the skin
- Chemical peels vs other advanced treatments
- Chemical peels combined with other advanced treatments
- Health & Safety requirements
- Consultation & Contra-indications
- Clients pre-treatment routine
- Carrying out Chemical Peel Treatment
- Aftercare advice & Contra-actions
To be able to enrol on this course you must hold an NVQ Level 3 in Beauty Therapy or equivalent. On successful completion of this course, you will receive an accredited Beautec diploma, allowing you to gain insurance to be able to work in industry.