Benefits and Effects of Microneedling TreatmentsBeautec
What are Microneedling Treatments?
Well that short version, microneedling treatments produce collagen and elastin in the skin, sometimes called Collagen Induction Therapy (CIT) and it can reverse the signs of ageing, treat scaring (including acne scars) and reduce pigmentation.
So some of you may still be sceptical, so here are the result…
I know, its amazing.
So how does it work and when can I book in, I hear you cry!
Well microneedling is a minimally invasive skin rejuvenation technique that triggers the production of collagen and elastin in the skin.
The skin needling device creates a multitude of a tiny pin prick wounds to the skin, which induce the release of growth factors that stimulate the production and the formation of the collagen and elastin.
This creates the top layer of your skin to plump up, reducing the lines and speeds up cell turnover, making skin more youthful, smoother and rejuvenated.
The results can last up to 12 months, even after a single treatment. Consecutive skin needling sessions produce new collagen and other essential components for the skin until indented scars and deep lines are filled. We recommend between 3 – 4 session, alongside active ingredient product at home for maximum benefits.
Skin needling has different effects on the skin depending on the skin condition being treated:
- Restores firmness and tightness to skin
- Improves overall skin quality and texture by thickening the epidermis and increasing cellular turnover.
- Smooths wrinkles, lines and folds
- Improves the appearance of large pores
- Lightens hyper-pigmentation marks
- Reduces the appearance of atrophic and hypertrophic scars
- Improves scars caused by acne, chicken pox, burns or accident/injury
- Helps to relax thickened and old scar tissue
- Diminishes the appearances of surgical scars
- Improves the appearance of stretch marks, by increasing collagen production on internal scarring.
- Improves the appearance of cellulite by evening skin tone.
So what is the catch…
Well as they say no pain no gain. As much as this is a minimally invasive treatment, there is a small amount of discomfort during the treatment, but once we stop needling an area there isn’t any pain. You’ll be glad to know that we do apply topical anaesthetic to the area, in order to make the whole treatment as comfortable as possible. Your skin will feel flushed for 24 hours and you need around 48 hours down time from the treatment, so make sure you have no big event to go to.
You see the final result after each treatment takes around 6 weeks, as the skin needs time to produce the plumping collagen and elastin, as well as your skin needing a month to go through it’s natural cellular cycle.
If you would like to learn this treatment to offer it to clients, please check out our Cosmetic Skin Needling course.